Sunday, April 20, 2008

Talking to my body

I particularly liked this poem because it connected to me on a certain level. The author talks about her body as if it is something that is supposed to help her reach higher feats. She looks at her body as a machine focused on concentration and discipline. One thing that caught my eye when I was first skimming through all the poems was the word athletes.
The second stanza goes on to say how through training and hard work the body can take them to a whole another level. She makes it seems as though she;s leaving her body here on earth, and elavating herself to another level. I like to think of it as when I get "in the zone" during basketball games, and the only thing that I see on the court is me and the basketball goal.
The third stanza talks about how ambition is the right thing which is the willingness to do work. The possibilities of both her and her body are endless, and it makes me think about when I get my body right, all the things that I will be able to do

No comments: