Monday, April 28, 2008

In Exile

When I try to remember, the first real feeling of exile stuck my mind when I was departing Nepal for US for the first time. Basically, departing from Kathmandu airport, I had three transits on the way. The first one was at Dubai airport, the next one was at Heathrow, and the final one was at Atlanta, before I reached my sister’s place in Boston. With every transit going away from Kathmandu, I felt like I would not be getting back for a long time. I could see some similarity between Dubai and Kathmandu, but the weather in Dubai was totally different. However, at Heathrow and Atlanta airport, I could no longer draw any connection between the people and culture from those places and home. I felt like I was really getting further away, and I realized that I would need some time to get used to the atmosphere.

No comments: