Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gas Chamers

The short story, Ladies and Gentleman, To The Gas Chamber, was a first person view of concentration camps during the Nazi takeover. The story as a whole completely surprised me; I did not expect to encounter so much pleasentry towards the camp as was stated throughout the text. Some of the prisoners were treated better than others and they felt as if everything was okay and it seemed as though they overlooked the fact that they were still prisoners in a camp.
A key point in the story that really caught my attention was when the narrator was assigned the job of moving the dead bodies and during this time he was thinking so highly of the concentration camp. From a student that has read stories such as The Diary of Anne Frank I am in awe when I see a character who is victim to this tradgedies think so highly of their situation.

No comments: