Sunday, January 27, 2008

Execution; good movie

Overall, to me the movie was very interersting. I want to agree with Sabir, in regards that I too was surprised that it was directed by an English man. The movie for me started off alittle cloudy, because I hadn't yet picked up the plpot of it. I finally picked up when I found out the government ran a lot of what went on around the country. The first attack, (after the guys had got finished playing that sport with the sticks), showed me how ruthless they were, not only toward the men but also women. Then the very next seen was the same group of soldiers attacking a train that was idle in the train station.
There were a lot executions in the movie which did not surprise me considering the time era of the movie. It just shows me how far we've come (although we've not come far enough), as regards to capital punishment. The little boy who got executed for giving up the location of his friends was wrong in every sense. In his mind, he had to do the best thing for him and his family, and it takes me back to the story of Civil Rights discussed by someone in the class who did their research over that project.
But in the end, the entire movie goes to show how unpredictable war is, and how much of an impact it can have on a family tie. With the execution of one's brother might go on today in 2nd and 3rd world countries as we speak, and it just could be that this movie was long overdue.

No comments: